The Mendham Fire Department would like to remind residents to please shovel in front of and around the fire hydrant closest to your home so that firefighters can see and access it during an emergency. continue reading →
Firefighter Liber D. “Lee” Panella, 92, passed away at Memory Care Center in Chester on November 14, 2016 after a short illness.
Summer is the peak time of the year for lightning strikes and lightning fires. However, lightning does occur year round. It’s important to be prepared for this dangerous weather phenomenon. continue reading →
This year’s Fire Prevention Week campaign, “Don’t Wait – Check the Date! Replace Smoke Alarms Every 10 Years,” represents the final year of the NFPA’s three-year effort to educate the public about basic but essential elements of smoke alarm safety.
Touching a power line can cause serious injury or death. You can’t tell by looking whether a line is “live” or “hot” or not. Even if a downed line isn’t actively sparking, always assume it is carrying electricity.
continue reading →
The Mendham Fire Department is pleased to announce this year’s Scholarship Winner is Firefighter Michael J. Bruin. Michael, a member since March of 2014, was awarded $2,500.00 by the Mendham Independent Hook & Ladder Company on Monday, May 31, 2016. He will formally be be presented the scholarship during Mendham High School’s Awards Ceremony, on June, 13, 2016.
continue reading →
Admittedly this video is likely to be appreciated by a small audience, however, in an effort to make it easy for friends and family of those within the film to view it and share, we have made it available here. continue reading →
Fire in the grill, under hot dogs and burgers, is a welcome sight at the family cookout. But fire anywhere else can make your summer kick-off barbecue memorable for all the wrong reasons. Here are some grilling safety tips to cooking safety tips to help you kick off summer safely. continue reading →