110th Annual Dinner

This evening, April 30, 2016, the Mendham Fire Department will celebrate accomplishments occurring in 2015 at its 110th Annual Dinner celebration. continue reading →

Ex-Chief Nelson Awarded 200 Club Valor Award

Congratulations to Ex-Chief Christopher Nelson and his fellow Pequannock Township Police Officers Kenneth R. Hunt, Jack Lyon and Kevin E. Ricciardi on their Valor Awards. They are among the thirty-nine Morris County First-Responders who will be Honored for Bravery By the 200 Club of Morris County on April 28, 2016. continue reading →

Slow Down, Move Over!

Pitney Farm Fire: February 24, 2016

Dispatched at 2:57 a.m. for a brush fire on the area of Cold Hill and Sheldon Road, responding members found the historic Pitney Farm mansion fully engulfed in flames. continue reading →

2016 Fund Drive

Our 2016 Fund Drive is underway; please help us, help you.

Our Annual fund-drive letter is currently being mailed to residents and business owners. Your generosity helps bring the department new equipment, new training and new technology—it is a strong signal that you value the service of our volunteers, and the significant tax savings of a volunteer fire department.
continue reading →

Winter Safety & Your Utility Equiptment

Your outdoor gas meter and ventilation equipment are designed to withstand winter weather conditions, but heavy or hard-packed snow and ice on the meter or external fuel burning equipment exhaust vents can present a significant safety hazard. continue reading →

Did You Know: You Have Only 3 or 4 Minutes to Escape a House Fire!

MFD Elects 2016 Officers

The members of the Mendham Fire Department are pleased to announce its officers for 2016. continue reading →

Hoverboard Fire Safety Tips

Hoverboard — part toy, part transportation. These self-balancing scooters have quickly become the latest fad. However, many hover boards have been linked to fires. NFPA urges you to be fire safe when using these devices.
continue reading →

Don’t Burn Your Wrapping Paper

Christmas morning in many homes means unwrapping gifts in front of a cozy fireplace. And every year, local fire departments across the country warn people not to toss all that wrapping paper into the flames, for very good reason: It might start a serious chimney fire.
continue reading →